What is BLS?
BLS stands for Basic Life Support. It’s a CPR course for healthcare providers.
This course will prepare you to identify and recognize emergencies where cardiopulmonary resuscitation may be needed in adults, children, and infants.
You will learn how to give high-quality chest compressions using manikins with feedback devices, how to properly give breath without giving excessive ventilation, and you will learn how to manage and operate an Automated External Defibrillator (AED).
This course is approved by the American Heart Association.
Utopia Health Career Center (AHA Training site) is aligned with Babcock-Health (AHA Training Center) in St. Petersburg, Florida, US
Who is this class for?
This course is designed for healthcare professionals and other personnel who need to know how to perform CPR and other basic cardiovascular life support skills in a wide variety of in-facility and prehospital settings.
When do I receive my certification?
We offer same-day certificates. After you complete the class successfully, you will receive your e-card via email.
- Recognition of life-threatening emergencies
- CPR for adults, children, and infants
- High-quality chest compressions for adults, children, and infants
- Important early use of an AED
- Effective ventilations
- One rescuer or team of rescuers CPR
- Relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) for adults and infants
- Same day certificate