BONENT APPROVED HEMODIALYSIS TRAINING (5 Months training)
These are the dates for our next trainings:
Hemodialysis Program for Technicians – Morning Training
– Starts August 28th, 2018
– Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10 AM to 1 PM
Hemodialysis Program for Technicians – Evening Training
– Starts October 23rd, 2018
– Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6 PM to 9 PM
Hemodialysis Program for Nurses
– Starts January 2019
– Currently, we have a waiting list for this program. Please let us know if you are interested in this option.
– Current and active Nursing license required. (LPN or RN)
Watch this Free Video Class now! How to properly cannulate a fistula.
Hemodialysis training can help prepare you for an exciting career in the allied healthcare field. Hemodialysis techs are trained and certified to provide direct patient care and operate medical equipment that provides life-saving hemodialysis. In order to become a technician, you must first complete a hemodialysis technician training course and then pass a certification exam. Once certified, you will be able to work as a technician in an outpatient Dialysis clinic, Hospital Dialysis Clinic, Dialysis Home Programs or anywhere hemodialysis services are provided.
Our BONENT Approved hemodialysis program is 340 hrs long.
What is Hemodialysis?
Hemodialysis is a process where the blood is removed from the body and cleaned through a filter called a dialyzer, or artificial kidney, and then the filtered blood is returned to the body.
The Hemodialysis Technician offers about 90% of the care of the dialysis patient, therefore training is very strict and includes:
The Renal Anatomy and Physiology, Manifestation of Renal Failure, Complications of Renal Failure, Principles of Hemodialysis, Chemistry as it Pertains to the Dialysis Patient, Vascular Accesses, Complications of Dialysis, Confidentiality and Addressing the Patient, Water Treatment, Dialyzer Reprocessing, and Professional Development.
Certified Hemodialysis Technician Salary
Annual Salary for a Certified Hemodialysis Technician ranges from about $27,040 to $45,760 ($13.00 to $22.00 an hour) Nationwide.
Our program is highly competitive and we have a limited amount of seats.
Call for registration.
Register today with only $150.00.
- The trainee must be a High School Graduate or equivalent.
- The trainee must have CPR (Can be obtained at Utopia Health Career Center).
- There are also a few health requirements like Current Hepatitis B, Hepatitis B surface antibody and antigen results, Negative PPD or chest x-ray, Flu vaccine if clinic will be visited during Flu season. (We can refer you to have these done at a low cost).